- Nest Capacity
The lineata nest is an accessible and simple nest for beginners! It features a round rim at the top of the lid for escape prevention, a mesh lid for proper ventilation, a removable nest lid in for easy nest access, and clean cut chambers for easy viewing. This nest simulates the chamber structure of many cryptic ants. The straight chambers are based on long strips in pavements by various urban species and wooden chambers in logs and sticks.
This is a smaller nest, with a foraging area of 7cm x 7cm x 7cm and nesting space of 7cm x 7cm x 3cm, making it a suitable nest for even very small colonies.
This nest is not suitable for highly destructive ants, such as Camponotus (Carpenter Ants) and Messor (Harvester Ants).
- - Hydrostone Nest - Lineata x 1
- - 16mm Test Tubes x 5
- - Clip-on macro lens x 1
- - Steel-tipped Tweezers x 1
- - byFormica Liquid Feeder micro x 2
- - byFormica Liquid Feeder mini (5ml) x 1 + (2 ml) x 1
- - 3ml Pipette x 1
- - Fluon 10ml x 1
We recommend an ant colony of one of the following
- N/A (No colony)
- Myrmica rubra 1 Queen + 5-10 workers, 2 Queens + 10-20 workers
- Formica subsericea Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers, Queen + 5-10 workers
- Prenolepis imparis Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers, Queen + 5-10 workers
- Lasius neoniger Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers
- Aphaenogaster picea Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers
- Tetramorium immigrans Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers, Queen + 5-10 workers
- Tapinoma sessile Queen + 5-10 workers, 2 Queens + 10-20 workers
- Crematogaster cerasi Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers
- Camponotus pennsylvanicus Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers, Queen + 5-10 workers
- Camponotus novaeborecensis Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers, Queen + 5-10 workers
- Camponotus herculeanus Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers, Queen + 5-10 workers
This product is from Canada Ant Colony. The full catalogue, including all variants, can be found at https://canada-ant-colony.com
These are estimates as to the full number of ants that can be placed in the nest. The stated values are the BARE MINIMUM. It is recommended to add more workers than the minimum, ideally at least double or triple the quantity.