Specifications and Care
Small; 35 mm / Medium; 55 mm / Large; 71 mm
Legs add 5 mm to the final height.
The base measures 45 mm in diameter, does not fit inside the mini glass formicarium (at such stage you only need small plates and you can connect a test tube with water and cotton on the side).
Small; 11 grams / Medium; 15 grams / Large; 17 grams
Material: Glass and PLA Pro plastic
Wash with soapy cold/warm water. Rinse thoroughly.
Not dishwasher safe.
Do not over tighten the glass bottle onto the feeding lid, this is not necessary.
Alternatively if you have a small species that drowns easily or your ants know how to flood the surrounding dish, you can insert a small loose piece of cotton right at the edge of the bottle entrance and screw the feeding base in place, this will restrict the flow of liquids and also makes it easier to flip without spilling.
Our liquid feeder or "FormiFeeder" is an easy mess-free way to provide liquid foods to your ants.
- Standard thread makes it easy to use and fits other readily available glass jars
- One feeder lid fits all of our 3 sizes.
- It features a small built-in dish to keep small spills contained
- Has 16 feeding tunnels that release liquid horizontally to minimize spills
- Option to have an elevated platform (feet) for those crowded or small spaces.
- Made with PLA pro plastic, rinse under tap water with gentle soap.
TIP for liquid feeders: if you are having a hard time not spilling liquids after filling and turning around (requires a quick steady flip); simply put a slim circle of cotton on the inside of the feeder enough to cover up the feeding tunnels, when you screw the jar in, its edge should press just slightly against the cotton, this will make it easy to turn over without spills and also will prevent ants from entering the glass jar when empty, ants will enter the tunnel encounter a cotton wall soaked with liquid instead of unrestricted access inside, we recommend using this method at all times as it is safer and renews a clean cotton each fill up.