This kit is the perfect first home for your new tenANT! It's small and cozy just like the apartments you would find in the big city minus the outrageous rent.
*Picture not included
This kit comes with:
- - 16mm Test Tubes x 5
- - Clip-on macro lens x 1
- - Plastic Tweezers x 1
- - byFormica Liquid Feeder micro x 2
- - byFormica Liquid Feeder mini (5ml) x 1 + (2 ml) x 1
- - 3ml Pipette x 1
- - 1 ft Vinyl Tubing
- - L shaped Connector
- - Feeding Dishes x 2
- - Substrate
- - 10ml fluon
- - Mini Outworld x 1
- - 60ml byFormica Sunburst Nectar
- - Heat Cable (3.5m)
We have also picked a few colony sizes which will be able to persist in these setups for at least a few months (before they overpopulate) of several beginner species. These consist of the following:
- N/A (No colony)
- Myrmica rubra 1 Queen + 5-10 workers, 2 Queens + 10-20 workers
- Formica subsericea Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers, Queen + 5-10 workers
- Prenolepis imparis Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers, Queen + 5-10 workers
- Lasius neoniger Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers
- Aphaenogaster picea Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers
- Tetramorium immigrans Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers, Queen + 5-10 workers
- Tapinoma sessile Queen + 5-10 workers, 2 Queens + 10-20 workers
- Crematogaster cerasi Queen, Queen + 1-5 workers
The Apartment was designed with founding queens in mind and starting colonies , bundled with the mini outworld makes it feeding and caring for the new colony easier without stress thus helping faster growth, the formicarium can be gradually expanded by activating the entrance chamber only when required.
This kit can be used to set up a founding chamber for claustral or semi-claustral species, it can also be used as a first formicarium to a new colony or queen moving out of a test tube set up.
The mesh material on the lid of the outworld may be made of steel or cooper as available to us when preparing your order. The kit uses 9.5mm (3/8") tubing.