- Nest Capacity
The Mini Hearth (Bifurcated) is built for tiny, small, and some medium sized species (Aphaenogaster sp. and some Myrmica sp. etc.). This is a founding chamber like the traditional Mini Hearth with a shorter ceiling and an additional level sandwiched in between the main level and the foraging area .
- Detachable foraging area
- Large Water tower (15ml capacity)
- Painted exterior
- Dimensions approximately 3.5" x 1.75" x 2"
- Large Water Tower (Screen covered apparatus inside habitat for humidity)
- 3/8" connection port on side
- Removable glass - Museum glass optional
Information from tarheelants.com
This product is from Canada Ant Colony. The full catalogue, including all variants, can be found at https://canada-ant-colony.com
These are estimates as to the full number of ants that can be placed in the nest. The stated values are the BARE MINIMUM. It is recommended to add more workers than the minimum, ideally at least double or triple the quantity.
120 - 1000 workers
50 - 400 workers
25 - 180 workers