- Nest Capacity
This is a great starter set for beginners on a budget In this starter set you will get. You can raise any colony in this outworld until they fill out the two test tubes, which is usually enough to move them into a medium sized formicarium.
These kits are similar to how we keep ants in-house
- Micro Feeder x 1
- 10 ml Fluon x 1
- Featherweight Forceps x 1
- 3 ml pipette x 1
- Esthetic Ants Blank Medium Ytong Nest x 1
- An ant colony of your choice 1 2 3
Here are Guidelines to Select Ant Colonies
- Colonies with workers will be more active and easier to care for
- Pavement Ants are hardy, but are small and can eat seeds
- Black Garden Ants are hardy and aggressive, but do better with a dormant period
- Hercules Carpenter Ants are large and creates soldiers but need a dormant period of 3-4 months
- Chestnut Carpenter Ants are active year round, large, and creates soldiers
The outworlds come blank, the listed images are examples of decoration.
The photo for Camponotus herculeanus is Camponotus novaeborecensis, a very similar species
This product is from Canada Ant Colony. The full catalogue, including all variants, can be found at https://canada-ant-colony.com
These are estimates as to the full number of ants that can be placed in the nest. The stated values are the BARE MINIMUM. It is recommended to add more workers than the minimum, ideally at least double or triple the quantity.
100 - 2000 workers
50 - 750 workers
25 - 250 workers