Tar Heel Ants Labyrinth is a formicarium design from Tar Heel Ants that melds two of our previously existing products into one habitat A5x7 inch (125mm x 175mm) hand-molded nest using our proprietary method to sancuzoated chambers magnetically attaches to a 4x8x4 inch (100mm x 200mm x 100mm) foraging area.
What features come with the standard Fortress?
- 5" x 7" Sand-coated nest
- Large Water Tower (15 ml capacity)
- Magnetically Removable Glass
- Detachable Foraging Area
- Nest and foraging area held together try 8 powerful magnets
- Micro-fine stainless steel mesh vent
- Professionally molded nest, Type III
- Type III Material is a much harder material sand-coated for naturalistic feel and better for destructive species such as Pogonomyrmex spp.,Tetramorium spp., Solenopsis spp.
What comes in the box?
- Mini Liquid Feeder
- Syringe for hydration (blunt tip)
- Feeding Dish
- Nest and Foraging Area
- Stopper for connection port
- Nestmate and stopper
This formicarium is recommended for small to medium-sized colonies The nest block is made of a very hard material similar in functionality to concrete or plaster but much more amiable to your ants living conditions. This is a Type Ill Nest The nest is 100% mold resistant but (like anything) mold can grow from decaying organic material such as dead insects and other trash from faedilV We always recommend using feeding dishes when feeding your ant colonies in all habitats!